.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Japan/Korea Blog
My Photo
Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Getting old, learning new things all the time, family man, getting fat and lazy, electrician, uni grad, has-been sportsman, High jump record holder

100 Things About Hammy

  • Frugal Bastard - My Blog
  • Hammy's Website
  • Sunday, March 28, 2004
     
    Korea/Jap Blog 26th of July 1996

    Fuel is 707 Won per litre and diesel is 303 Won per litre. It’s been funny that Wayne has been disoriented in Korea and I’ve done quite well in getting about the place. The exact opposite in Japan. Watched some soccer this morning and then acquired a box for some excess clothing I had. It rained quite a bit. We went to the post office and I had my box packed and wrapped for 1000 Won. What a great idea and great service. Only 8900 Won for postage. We had to go to the bank first and change some money. I took all of Wayne’s small Yen (6000) and changed that. We bought stamps also. Journeyed back to the yeogwan and grabbed our backpacks. Had chicken for lunch and wrote postcards. Went off to find the bus and then it started raining again. The bus was pretty full and I stood for most of the trip. Talk about slow at the airport and to make matters worse it was full of whinging Yanks. Aggghhh!!

    Our boarding passes took about three minutes to organise. Everything went smoothly until my carry-on baggage was x-rayed. I grabbed my documents but not my backpack. Was about to jog off to the gate and realised that I felt quite light. Went back and asked about my bag. The guy couldn’t find it but I saw it. He thought that the bag had already been removed for destruction but a girl had just started to look through it. Lucky! After all that the plane was quite late in taking off. There was some official guy on the plane bothering people for ages. He had a 2-way radio – something that you can’t bring into Korea. The girl next to me didn’t want to talk. She was Korean.

    No problem with immigration in Japan. Wayne’s penfriend Yuko was waiting for him. I was a surprise as Wayne had obviously not informed them that I was travelling with him. It didn’t cause a problem. Yuko’s mother doesn’t speak any English but her father speaks more as he gets more alcohol into him. I like this bloke. They prepared a great tea for us. Talked and watched Olympics until 2:30 am.

    Comments: Post a Comment



    Powered by Blogger