.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Japan/Korea Blog
My Photo
Name:
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Getting old, learning new things all the time, family man, getting fat and lazy, electrician, uni grad, has-been sportsman, High jump record holder

100 Things About Hammy

  • Frugal Bastard - My Blog
  • Hammy's Website
  • Sunday, March 28, 2004
     
    Jap Blog 13th August 1996

    Oita Post Office mail opening hrs are: Week 9-7, Sat 9-5, Sun 9-12:30
    Oita Post Office cash service hrs is: Week 8-9, Sat 9-5, and Sun 9-5

    Noticed a musical pedestrian crossing today. An old woman wanted to take our photo. Wayne seems a bit put off by this Japanese fascination for gaijin. I think that the novelty of being a novelty has worn off. I have noticed that men don’t buy anything at convenience stores – they just read magazines. This entire trip we have been heading in the wrong direction. The beautiful girls have been going in the other direction.

    “Shinjirarenai” – unbelievable.
    Japanese point to their nose when asking, “Me?” whereas us white trash point to our chests. At Hazama’s place their youngest son said, “Hope you have a nice meeting you.”

    Wayne and I had lunch and then I jumped on the train by myself as Wayne had other plans to go back to the USA and I had to look after myself for a couple of days. Managed to get to Dazaifu without any hassles. Found the Youth Hostel and booked in, finally. Five Koreans also booked in and so I started talking to one girl, Myo-hee Kim, and she turned out to be an English teacher. The typhoon is due to hit Fukuoka at 9am and my flight is at 9:25am.

    Comments: Post a Comment



    Powered by Blogger